Addiction Medicine Clinical Services Manager (MSW) |Permanent|
Assumes supervisory & management responsibilities for Addiction Medicine Clinicians, & clinical supervision of Milieu Counselor II's as well as on-site daily (24/7) operations of residential & day treatment services.
Participates w/ the Addiction Medicine Clinical Director & RTF program administrator in program development & planning. Provides high quality counseling services to members in a cost-effective manner & in accordance w/ accepted professional practice standards.
Participates in Addiction Medicine management team. Assures accreditation/licensing standards of state & private organizations, (e.g. Oregon AMHS, Washington DASA, NCQA) w/in assigned location(s).
• Manages day to day functions of residential/day treatment models of care; daily staff scheduling, including on-call coverage & scheduling seven days a week. Monitors the compliance of staff to residential & IOP Oregon administrative rules. Monitors compliance of staff to policies& procedures. Develops Department & Unit Policies & Procedures as assigned. Monitors admissions & staff referrals. Develops & maintains relationships w/ internal & community referents. Manages unit operations in partnership w/ RTF administrator & AM Clinical Director. Coordinates interdepartmental services w/in assigned unit(s). Assists in internal & external contract management & compliance. Coordinates w/ other department supervisors to ensure consistency of care. Represents department at unit/campus Disaster/Fire Safety Committee meetings. Monitors data collection. Coordinates research projects at assigned location. Schedules & assigns staff for 24 hour clinical standby coverage. Participates in governance counsel.
• Writes & conducts performance appraisals on for Addiction Medicine Clinicians. Provides clinical input on performance appraisals of Milieu Counselors. Manages & resolves staff conflict. Development of staff training plans. Conducts staff corrective action process. Monitors Staff adherence to credentialing & licensure requirements. Advises Clinical Director & RTF Administrator in hiring & termination of clinical staff.
• Provides leadership & offers clinical judgment to flow of patient care w/in residential unit. Provides back-up & assistance to Intensive Outpatient Day Treatment. Schedule & assigned staff. Coordinates & advocates for patient co-occurring needs w/in the department & interdepartmentally. Monitors the quality of clinical care provided by clinical staff. Reviews clinical records & assures appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment disposition, discharge planning, & daily documentation & correspondence. Leads program development related to treatment activities related to evidenced-based practices w/ co-occurring substance use & mental health. Disorders Facilitates & leads clinical case conferences & clinical staff meetings. Coordinates w/ outpatient Clinical Services Managers to assure continuity of clinical care & patient transitions. Participates in department & facility quality assurance activities. Addresses patient concerns/complaints at the supervisory level.
• Provides high quality counseling services, (individual, group & family), to chemically dependent patients & significant others through assessment, diagnosis & formulation & implementation of treatment plan in an outpatient setting. Provides Counselor of the Day services. Performs hospital consults at assigned locations as needed. Provides case management through appropriate triaging & referral. Consults w/ other providers. Direct contacts w/ patient & their families.
• Minimum four (4) years of post master's counseling experience in a state-approved or otherwise accredited/licensed co-occurring substance use and mental health treatment facility.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience of supervising professional and para-professional staff.
• Experience managing quality assurance activities in a co-occurring substance use and mental health treatment setting.
• Master's degree in counseling, social work, or closely related field (MSW, MS, MA, Med), from an accredited institution.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current license to practice without restriction, in the state of Oregon.