Position: Assistant Nurse Manager – Labor & Delivery
Job Type: Full-time
Work Schedule: Evenings, from 3pm to 11:30pm
- The Labor & Delivery unit has 15 beds and handles an average of 150 deliveries per month.
- The unit has approximately 65 employees.
- There is a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with an average census of 5 patients.
- The Postpartum unit has 18 beds, and the care provided is focused on the mother-baby couplet.
Job Responsibilities: The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for various aspects of the unit's operations and patient care, including:
- Supervising the delivery of nursing services and patient care within the unit(s).
- Ensuring that services meet the needs of members, physicians, and internal clients.
- Supervising a single unit or more than one smaller unit, with approximately 20 or more employees.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements, departmental policies and procedures, and clinical standards.
- Monitoring and improving clinical practices, services, and operations.
- Overseeing day-to-day activities, including staffing, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- Developing and implementing action plans to improve staff development and patient care.
- Coordinating treatment plans and cost-effective utilization of services.
- Collaborating with healthcare providers outside the unit to optimize patient care.
- Investigating and resolving patient/family/member concerns related to patient care.
- Managing daily operations, including human resources, safety programs, and risk management.
Requirements: To be eligible for this position, candidates must have:
- At least 3 years of current/recent RN L&D experience.
- At least 1 year of full-time RN leadership experience, preferably at the Charge Nurse level or as a Manager/Supervisor.
- A current California RN license.
- BSN or MSN degree.
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS, NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program), AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring certification required.
Compensation: The position offers competitive compensation, with a salary range of $140,000 to $181,300, and a benefits package.