Assistant Nurse Manager – Labor & Delivery - Nights (36 hours per week)
Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day to day shift activities.
• Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
• Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
• Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
• Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
• Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
• Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
Education, License, Certification, Registration
Must have current CA RN license. Must have current L&D experience in level III NICU facility (this position is L&D) BSN/BS with current certifications. Must have Charge/Lead RN experience, training/teaching welcome.