Assistant Nurse Manager – Operating Room
Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day to day shift activities.
Shifts: Day and Evening shifts available
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Minimum three (3) years of nursing experience in an inpatient hospital OR setting required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as charge nurse or lead nurse, preceptor, quality improvement champion or other related leadership experience
- Bachelors degree in nursing
- Must have circulating/scrub RN experience
For more information, contact:
Cell or Text: 781-365-5470
For other healthcare job opportunities nationwide, visit www.necnic.com