Nurse Practitioner – Investigator - Research
To lead a program of research that is recognized nationally in the investigators area of expertise by designing and implementing major health- related research projects, developing, evaluating and testing significant innovations in the organization, delivery, and financing of health care, publishing research findings in major scientific and professional journals and books, translating research into practice, leading national and/or local research cooperatives, assisting in the career development of junior investigators, and stimulating and guiding the overall development of the CRE as a preeminent research organization. Advise policymakers in area of expertise.
- Identify novel research questions and design studies that align with the mission of company and CRE.
- Write competitive grant proposals for funding and obtain funding for research projects.
- Take primary responsibility for implementation of research protocols & lead multidisciplinary study teams.
- Stay on budget and ensure implementation of all regulatory requirements for research projects.
- Publish research findings in major scientific and professional journals and books.
- Be recognized as a national leader in research specialty area.
- Assist in the career development of junior investigators (e.g., research associates) either through informal mentoring arrangements or formal supervisory assignments.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical trials research involving human subjects.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum five (5) years of Ambulatory Nursing.
- Prior experience as a Clinical Research Coordinator for clinical trial(s).
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Professional Nurse License (Georgia)
- Strong knowledge of IRB / research regulatory requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex quantitative methods for dealing with methodological and analytic problems in the investigators area of expertise.
- Proficiency in SAS software - i.e., ability to guide analysts work and validate output data.
- Strong data management capabilities using large administrative data sets.
- Ability to manage multiple research projects within agreed upon timeframes and budgets
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Comfortable working independently as well as productively with internal and external study collaborators.
- Ability to build and supervise a team of research associates, analysts, project managers, research assistants, and other project staff.
- Demonstrated success in securing peer-reviewed grant funding as a Principal Investigator, including competing renewal of previously funded projects.
- A bibliography of scientific presentations and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Occasional travel required (approximately 15% of the time).
This position reports to Research Manager and is responsible for managing, directing, coordinating, leading and facilitating multiple clinical research trials, sites, and multi-disciplinary clinical research staff in testing and evaluation of investigational drugs and vaccines and clinical research studies involving specimen collection from human participants. Works directly with sponsors and investigators. Develops and maintains good clinical practice standards, budgets and staff development programs. Ensures compliance with organizational SOPs and government regulations for the conduct of research with human subjects.
Competitive compensation and benefits package.