Seeking an experienced board certified Emergency Medicine physician to serve as Medical Director.
• Employed position
• 204-bed community hospital 26-bed Emergency Department with strong Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant support
• 24-hour hospitalist and radiology coverage
• Full scope of services provided at hospital including General Surgery, OBGYN, Orthopedics, Primary Care, Oncology, Behavioral Health, Cardiology, and Urology
• Strong air and ground support to immediately transfer patients to a level 1 trauma center located in Greenville, NC
• Ability to live in close proximity to Raleigh, North Carolina and Richmond/Norfolk, Virginia areas
• Family friendly community with an affordable cost of living
• Excellent compensation and benefits package including a Medical Director stipend
• Relocation assistance
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
• A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
• Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
• Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
• Affordable cost of living
• Excellent public and private school options