Seeking a Board-Certified Academic Gastroenterologist to work in a hospital-based position covering our inpatient consultative GI service in Chicago suburbs. This physician will mentor medical students, medical residents, and our five GI fellows. Also, he/she would perform most of the GI procedures generated from the emergency department and the inpatient consult service. Skills in ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound would be especially welcomed.
This would be an ideal position for academic gastroenterologist who has medical school junior faculty experience and who wishes to move into private practice but prefers an academic, teaching environment.
· Schedule: Monday – Friday
· Rotating evening and weekend call 1:4. Fellows take first call
· Inpatient volume can be as many as 15 – 20 patients per day
· 3 dedicated modern GI procedure rooms
· Teaching experience required
· 5 GI Fellows within the Gastroenterology program
· 1 GI Fellow rotates on the hospital service monthly. Fellow and rotating IM residents see consults then present to attending
· Attending does all procedures generated by the hospital service
Faculty – Two to Five years of experience in clinical area sought and must be able to supervise all clinical experiences for residents and fellows.
a. Supervising trainees (residents or fellows) in an ACGME accredited training institution
b. Clinical practice
c. Presentations, didactics
d. Some research experience and at least one publication in a peer reviewed medical journal
e. Faculty development participation, +/- leadership development
Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives