Seeking an experienced BE/BC Hematology/Oncology Physician to join their hematology oncology multidisciplinary team in eastern North Carolina.
Hematology, Breast and Colorectal experience is desired.
- Employed position – Academic Practice Model
- Hospital privileges at a level 1 trauma, 974 bed Academic Medical Center
- Provide care for the hematology, malignant hematology, breast and colorectal patient populations
- Monday-Friday schedule, shared call
- Inpatient service is covered 24/7 by IM trained hospitalists with the solid tumor and hematology faculty and fellows providing consultative services
- Outpatient services are provided
- Clinical practice with teaching service including fellows, residents, APPs and nurses
- State-of-the-art equipment including a Gamma Knife, a Cyber Knife, 3 Trubeam Linear Accelerators, 3D Mammography, 3 MT MRI, Ultrasound and a full spectrum of radiology services
- Only American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (COC) accredited Academic Comprehensive Cancer Centers (ACAD) in eastern North Carolina
- The Cancer Care includes a multidisciplinary team of specialists including radiation oncologists, hematology oncologists, surgical oncologists, gynecologic oncologist, neurological oncologist, hematology oncology fellows, and patient navigators
- Participation in a 9-hospital system of cancer care with 5 COC accredited sites sharing a common medical record and planned COC Network status
- Established clinical trials program through the School of Medicine; Members Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package to include: annual administrative stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, and holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area