Home Care Physician (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine or Geriatrician)
Seeking a Board Certified Physician to join our growing comprehensive Health Risk Assessment, Complex Care Program and Chronic Care Management team serving a variety of Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and Commercial clients.
- Function as day-to-day clinical leader, providing decision support to nurse practitioners and collaborating with the multidisciplinary team
- Perform preventive visits daily to optimize chronic conditions, assess home environment, and develop proactive care plans
- Educating patients and/or patient’s family on chronic medical conditions, preventative care, and medication adherence compliance;
- Perform urgent care visits in the home and telephonically to avoid unnecessary ED transfers and hospital admissions
- Leverage the support of care team such as: nurse care manager, behavioral health, social work, and pharmacy to meet patients’ medical, biopsychosocial, and financial needs
- Assume responsibility as home based PCP in some cases where there is no PCP and in other cases co-manage the patient with the PCP and serve as an extension of clinical care into the home
- Coordinate with other physicians across the continuum of care, including hospitalist, specialists, PCP’s (in some cases), and SNF providers to smooth transitions and prevent readmissions
- Perform Telehealth visits at times when needed
- Complete appropriate and thorough clinical documentation of acute and chronic health issues through patient encounter in EMR system;
- Complete EMR documentation in a timely manner; Ensuring all appropriate consent forms are signed and dated; Interpreting laboratory data and diagnostic testing when available to assist in diagnosis of medical conditions etc.
Schedule is Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm EST
Company provided vehicle
Position requires on call every 6-8 weeks, and telehealth option where/when possible depending on patient needs.
Position will cover South and West Philadelphia
- Board Certified (MD or DO) in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine or Geriatrics
- Must have current BLS certification
- Must have active/unrestricted license in state of position opening
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Must be able to be credentialed by Medicare, Medicaid, and other Private Insurance Companies
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to a 30-60 miles radius from their home zip code;
Competitive compensation and benefits package