Inpatient Psychiatric Case Manager (LCSW) Opportunity in the Greater San Jose area
$15,000 sign-on bonus
Provides inpatient and intensive outpatient case management for high-risk, high-utilizing members with acute and/or chronic psychiatric conditions across the continuum of care. Develops treatment and care plans for the specific population.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, assesses, and evaluates services provided to members to promote quality and cost effective outcomes.
- Develops and maintains case management policies and procedures to assure optimal and appropriate member utilization of services.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care, including utilization management, transfer coordination, discharge planning, and obtaining all authorizations/approvals for outside services.
- Participates in the development of care paths.
- As an Intensive Case Manager coordinates the care of a large caseload of high risk patients and provides assessments and interventions in the community including in-home visits Consults with internal and external physicians, health care providers, discharge planning and outside agencies regarding continued care/treatment or hospitalization.
- Arranges and monitors follow-up appointments.
- Makes referrals to appropriate community services.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for cost savings and quality of care improvements across the continuum.
- Develops and collects reports and data, and trends utilization of health care resources.
- Develops and presents in-service training and communication to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Interprets regulations, health plan benefits, policies, and procedures for members, physicians, medical office staff, contract providers, and outside agencies.
- Coordinates the transmission of clinical and benefit information and treatment to patients, families and outside agencies including issuing Non-Coverage and Denial of Benefits letters consistent with Health Plan Regulations.
- Acts as liaison to psychiatry clinics outside agencies, non-plan facilities, and outside providers.
- Coordinates repatriation of patients and monitors their quality of care. Provides administrative case management oversight to Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities, Crisis Residential Programs, and IMDs to ensure that services delivered to our members meet Quality and Utilization expectations and guidelines.
- Provides administrative on-call to the RSR/Sub regional Office. Provides Clinical and Administrative documentation in accordance with Regional Psychiatric Standards including the Inpatient/Integrated Urgent Services Guidelines.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an inpatient psychiatric setting or psychiatric emergency service.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience of care management or clinical experience.
- Master's degree (Social Work) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- LCSW License required.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Responsibility for a large caseload (50-100) for an extended period of time.
- Demonstrated expertise in crisis management.
- Demonstrated experience in utilization data collection and cost benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of TJC, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Partnership Environment.
Compensation - $107,100 – $126,000 and excellent comprehensive benefits package.