Regional Medical Officer – Southern California
The Regional Medical Officer Responsible for the clinical operations and medical staff within a designated region.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Maintains and develops comprehensive healthcare delivery system.
· Provides strategic and operational direction for the delivery of performance based medical management.
· Manages budget and risk drivers.
· Analyzes and reports business performance data to customers, senior management, and executive leaders.
· Analyzes local profit and loss performance.
· Contributes to the internal and external health industry development efforts.
· Performs clinical duties which may include managing a panel of patients, rounding on patients in the acute and post-acute settings, taking call, reviewing cases and patient discharge plans, admitting patients, partnering with case managers on patient transfers, and quality audits.
· Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
· Balance of administrative and clinical responsibilities (70/30) throughout the Los Angeles County market.
· This position is onsite 5 days a week in the LAOC area
· Requires an MD or DO and minimum of 5 years of experience as an Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Geriatric physician which includes a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
· Requires current unrestricted medical licensure in applicable state(s) and board eligibility or board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Geriatric. CA license required.
· MBA or MPH
· Managed Care & Valued Base Experience
· Experience in HEDIS/STARS, MRA/RAF
· Experience in managing initiatives and projects
Competitive salary range for this specific position is $306,544.00 - $383,180.00
Comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution.