Manager, Laboratory Medicine (Hematology Lab)
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Bachelor's Degree in an Applied Science (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry), or Medical Technology or Clinical Lab Science
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a clinical laboratory.
- In depth familiarity with requirements of accrediting agencies, particularly The Joint Commission and College of American Pathologists
- Previous experience in Hematology lab.
- Certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or equivalent agency as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Technician, or specialty certification is preferred
- Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory is preferred
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Management oversight and leadership of multiple sub-specialty sections of the Laboratory (including but not limited to one of the following: Blood Bank and Transfusion Services, Central Receiving Area, Chemistry, Hematology, Phlebotomy, POC or Rapid Response Laboratory).
- Assumes full responsibility for all laboratory staff in their section and their actions
- Champions a laboratory and point-of-care environment that promotes quality and compliance for all laboratory-related tests and services, to ensure patient and employee safety and satisfaction.
- Provides 24/7 call coverage.
- Contributes to and supports department Strategic Planning.
- Provides a technically sound environment to optimize the quality of laboratory services, including maintenance of equipment, evaluation of new equipment and test assays.
- Exhibits innovation in planning improvements, promoting new programs, and problem-solving in areas of responsibility including working with other hospital entities to ensure adequate specimen transport is met.
- Values and responds to customer feedback by taking corrective action or improving suboptimal services.
- In accordance with department expectations responds to emails in a timely manner.
- Exercises good judgment skills to effectively articulate organizational values and to foster a cooperative spirit among the staff with regard to people within and outside the department.
PAID TIME OFF