Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Crisis and Triage Management
10,000 sign-on bonus eligible position!
Hybrid Position - 2 days remote, 3 days in office
Provides ambulatory behavioral health services including evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, case management and psychotherapeutic intervention provided to individuals, families, groups and/or Intensive Outpatient Programs.
- Assists with administration, development, implementation, and evaluation of social work programs and policies.
- Conducts social work consultation. Performs clinical diagnosis or psychotherapy.
- Provides psychotherapy and counseling for individuals, families, groups and/or Intensive Outpatient Programs. Utilizes a wide range of evidence based interventions and modalities. Provides services such as crisis intervention, brief therapy, cognitive and behavioral therapies, skills training, supportive therapy, stress management, and family therapy.
- Interviews member and evaluates their psychological and mental status. Utilizes the latest Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) to diagnose patients. Determines if member is in crisis, at-risk, or suicidal/homicidal. Refers members in need of immediate or urgent care to appropriate level of services.
- Assesses urgent or high-risk clinical situations and makes appropriate interventions. Coordinates referral of patient to psychiatrist or other clinician. Assists with admission to hospital or other specialized facilities. Plans and provides services in the appropriate level of care. Assesses needs for mental health treatment and makes appropriate referrals as needed. Performs case management, coordination, and monitoring of social work service plans in areas of personal, social or economic resources, conditions, or problems.
- Assesses treatment and prevention of psychosocial dysfunction, disability, or impairment, including emotional and mental disorders. Conducts preparation and evaluation of psychosocial assessments and development of social work service plans.
- Helps patients enhance or restore their capacities for personal and social functioning and preventing and controlling social problems.
- Gathers information and identifies resource and referral services for patient care. Educates client regarding behavioral health services. Assists members to use services.
- Participates in or assists with therapeutic and educational group programs. Evaluates outcomes and effects of treatment for individual patients and programs.
- Researches, collects and records data and information relating to identification and treatment of behavioral and interpersonal problems of patient. Proposes alternatives for interventions and approaches for resolutions.
- Collaborates and consults with physicians and other interdisciplinary clinical team members to support assessments and decision making. Reviews difficult cases or quality assurance concern with clinical team. Acts as consultant to team members and others in the organization.
- Maintains high level of clinical expertise. Is knowledgeable of current clinical conditions, methods, medications, theoretical frameworks and interventions. Utilizes best practices in delivery of behavioral health services in accordance with professional and clinical guidelines. Utilizes evidence based interventions and modalities with sound theoretical base.
- Maintaining clinical records by documenting clinical assessments, treatment plans, interventions and all pertinent information in patient medical record according to Regional and departmental guidelines.
- Participates in clinical team meetings, departmental planning and quality management activities.
- Assesses patients in Emergency Departments on after hours and as needed basis in service areas where hospital has privileges to provide mental health assessments and crisis intervention.
- Experience in providing behavioral health services in a primary care setting.
- Experience in providing services to patients with addictions issues.
- Experience in providing Consultation/liaison Services to emergency departments.
- Experience in providing evidence based treatment including conducting individual, and group therapy, intensive outpatient treatment, and/or partial hospitalization programs for children, and/or adults, including people with serious/chronic mental illness.
- Experience in writing treatment plans.
- Position requires working over the phone in highly stressful situations and with interruptions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in documentation according to national accreditation guidelines.