Seeking an experienced Medical Physicist to join a practice in northern Idaho.
The Medical Physicist will perform duties pertaining to treatment machine calibration, dosimetry, treatment planning, and monitoring of radiation received by employees. He/she will also have responsibilities in helping with simulation of patients and teaching therapists in areas of dosimetry and computer planning and supervises the Medical Dosimetrist.
Monday to Friday schedule – 8am – 5pm
$15,000 Sign on bonus and relocation assistance.
The Radiation Oncology Program includes:
- 1 full time onsite dosimetrist and 1 full-time remote dosimetry support
- 2 full time radiation therapists with three position posted. We would want 5 to be fully staffed. Positions are currently filled with travel staff.
- 1 full time radiation oncologist
- 1 full time onsite physicist; we do not feel a remote position would work for our clinic.
- 2 Elekta Linacs, one Synergy and one Versa (our radiation machines/linear accelerators)
- Current EMR is Mosaiq
- Radiation treatment planning system is Pinnacle and Monaco, we will transition to Monaco completely over the next several months
- We do 3D, IMRT, SBRT, and VMAT will be used on the Versa. We are currently commissioning the new QA system for VMAT. We do NOT do brachytherapy
- Average volume is about 35-40 patients on treatment
- Contract with Cancer Care Northwest to also provide additional support for dosimetry and physics when needed
- Board Certified in medical physics by the American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- Prior experience in radiation oncology preferred
Competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- 401(k) + matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance