7on-7off (Wednesday thru Tuesday)
*NO CALL REQUIRED*
This position performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) procedures to create three dimensional images of tissue, organs and other body parts that are used by radiologists to detect abnormalities, make diagnoses and treat patients.
- Performs MRI procedures on patients: Prepares patients for MRI exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the MRI scanner, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the scan
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Performs quality assurance on magnetic resonance equipment and matrix camera. May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to department management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced
Must have 1 year of hospital experience
Registered Radiological Technologist by the (ARRT-R) and Registered MRI Technologist by the (ARMRIT)
Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support