New Grad Acute Inpatient Unit RN
Shift Times: Mixed - Have both Days and Nights - (3 12 Hour Shifts)
Salary Range: Competitive compensation
· Sign on: Up to $10k (with 2 year commitment)
· Relocation: Up to $5k (Paid within 30 days of the start date, 1st or second pay check)
The RN Residency Program is a year-long program designed to give you hands-on experience to help establish valuable clinical and critical thinking skills. As a RN you will be surrounded by a supportive community of nurse educators, experienced nurses, and fellow residents that promote learning, clinical application, and socialization, shepherding you through the transition from student nurse to registered nurse.
The Residency Program provides you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. This paid program will assist you with the transition out of the classroom setting through a formalized series of learning experiences, including:
· Advanced clinical training in a specialty area.
· Monthly educational sessions.
· Preceptorship training with a facility preceptor.
· Measurement and evaluation of skills through hands-on simulations.
· Mentoring from experienced nurse leaders.
· Working collaboratively on an evidence-based practice project.
The program does last for 1 year with classroom training up to 9 weeks, preceptorship up to 13 weeks, and weekly meetings with our clinical support staff for the remainder of their program.
What will you do in this role:
· Assess patient condition during admission and during each shift as scheduled, identifying and reporting any changes in patient status.
· Perform procedures, monitoring, or other functions as ordered by the medical provider(s). Document the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
· Perform the administration of prescribed medications. Monitor patient for therapeutic response. Notify provider and intervene as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
· Perform exceptional care by responding promptly to patient requests. Strive to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
· Teach patients, families and caregivers about patient medical condition, patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects, and follow-up measures. Translates complex medical terminology to ensure complete understanding.
Qualifications you will need:
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) obtained within 30 days of employment
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) obtained within 1 year of employment
· Other Certifications maybe required during employment
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
· Registered Nurse License or Graduate Nurse in the State (able to start in TX with a another state license or compact but they need to get a TX license within 4 weeks of being hired )
· No previous experience needed
· Some travel maybe needed for training
· Will Consider Candidates that have less than 6 months of acute care experience as an RN.
We offer a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement. Some available plans and programs include:
· Comprehensive benefits for medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, behavioral health and telemedicine services
· Wellbeing support, including free counseling and referral services
· Time away from work programs for paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence
· Savings and retirement resources, including a 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, flexible spending accounts, preferred banking partnerships, retirement readiness tools, rollover support and financial wellbeing counseling
· Education support through tuition assistance, student loan assistance, certification support, dependent scholarships and a partnership with Galen College of Nursing
· Additional benefits for fertility and family building, adoption assistance, life insurance, supplemental health protection plans, auto and home insurance, legal counseling, identity theft protection and consumer discounts