Nurse Manager – PACU
Manages 24-hour departments providing patient care services. Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and development.
- Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources. Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
Must have minimum 3 years as RN in an acute care PACU position Needs to have at least 4 years of management experience
Bachelors Degree in Nursing, or Masters Degree in Nursing
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Two (2) years of management experience preferred
- One (1) year of Magnet/shared governance experience preferred
- One (1) year of managing in a bargaining environment preferred
- Masters degree preferred.
The RN Manager has responsibility for 2 sites - the main hospital PACU team and the outpatient surgery center PACU team. They have Asst. Managers reporting to them and the Asst. RN Managers have the direct report RN's in department; Responsible for budgets, keeping all teams focused on Improvement, Safety, Risk, Infection Prevention and Patient Care Satisfaction, hiring/terminations, passing surveys, etc.
Competitive compensation and benefits package, sign on bonus.