Nurse Manager (RN) – Urgent Care, Emergency Services
Oversees the administration, organization, and direction of Urgent Care and Observation unit 24/7. Provides facilities planning, fiscal oversight, administration of nursing services, consumer service and ensuring quality of care. Collaborates with primary care, specialty care, and ancillary services to ensure coordination of care across the continuum. Provides leadership for the direction of care, program development, implementation and evaluation of these programs/services. To achieve prioritized outcomes, recruits, hires, orients, leads, manages, develops, disciplines, and terminates staff when necessary. Prepares and presents performance evaluations. Establishes staff development and training plans. Monitors progress of skill development.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning and team development. Aligns clinic priorities with hospital system, specialty service, primary care and after hours needs of patients. Develops, assesses and continually improves customer service plans to respond to patient exceptions and meet unique needs of patients.
- To achieve prioritized outcomes, recruits, hires, orients, leads, manages, develops, disciplines and terminates staff when necessary. Prepares and presents performance evaluations. Establishes staff development and training plans. Monitors progress of skill development.
- Develops, assesses and continually improves departmental plans to ensure the achievement of priority outcomes including cost, service and quality measures.
- Provides financial management including development and management of a budget and coordination of cost saving measures across the continuum.
- Partners with medical staff to ensure coordinated, quality care for patients requiring urgent care, oncology, surgical, invasive radiology, primary care and specialty services. Develops, maintains and evaluates clinical and technical standards. Assures compliance with emergency, oncology/infusion, and 24 hour observation service regulations and standards.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical leadership (to include Lead or Charge) experience relevant to a given position/department required, including two (2) years of management or supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in ICU, Urgent Care, or Emergency Department preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing, MSN preferred.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support required at hire
- Health care delivery administration experience.
- Customer relations skills.
- Quality management and team facilitation skills.
Excellent compensation and benefits package.
For more information, contact:
Cell or Text: 781-365-5470
For other healthcare job opportunities nationwide, visit www.necnic.com