Nurse Practitioner – Electrophysiology Cardiology Opportunity in Western Colorado in the heart of the Colorado Mountains
Outpatient and Inpatient practice.
Minimum 2 years experience
The Nurse Practitioner will work collaboratively with the Electrophysiologist, Cardiologists, Cardiothoracic Surgeon, and staff to provide high quality, patient centered care at the Heart and Vascular Clinic. Although this position is both outpatient and inpatient; the majority of the time will be OUTPATIENT, so we are looking for candidates with strong outpatient experience.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Office Visits
- Assist in the management and treatment of Atrial Fibrillation patients in the outpatient and inpatient setting
- Participate in all Outreach Clinics as a provider
- Perform inpatient rounding
- Appropriately admit and discharge patients
- Accept patient transfers
- Provide immediate preoperative care and postoperative care, including all orders, charting, and consents
- Proactively identify complications, encompassing medical and surgical complications, and communicates findings
- Assist with continuity of patient care by troubleshooting and assessing clinical issues in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must have two years of experience working as NP in related field.
- Master's degree in Nursing; graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Unrestricted APN - Nurse Practitioner License in Colorado (DORA)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license.
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications issued by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- General health care and cardiovascular patient assessment and exam skills
- Electrophysiology experience.
- Ability to function independently
- Competitive compensation
- Starting wage dependent upon experience, education, and skill-set
- Eligible for up to $20,000 Transitional/Relocation bonus for those that qualify (2-year commitment required/Internal candidates not eligible).
Comprehensive benefit package that supports our employees' physical, emotional and financial health.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Generous Paid Time Off accrual
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(a) and 403(b) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount
Ideally located one hour from both Aspen and Vail. Denver is conveniently 2.5 hours away.