Seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join a primary care practice in the Central Valley area. No new grads.
PRIMARY CARE - The Advanced Practitioner (NP/PA) is responsible for providing medical services for the patients and includes the following: Patient evaluation, which should include: histories both brief (interval) and more thorough, histories on children, adults and the elderly. Physical examinations: focused or thorough, as needed to define patient problems adequately. Develop diagnoses or differential diagnoses appropriate to patients’ complaints. Consult with Physician when needed. Patient problem confirmation and testing including the (ordering of laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic measure). Participate in the performance of the necessary diagnostic maneuvers such as anoscopy examination, pelvic examination and pap smears, electrocardiography, chest x-ray interpretation and the ability to draw venous blood when needed.
1. Evaluate Patients for medication utilization or other therapeutic or preventative measures.
2. Counseling patients with respect to the meaning of health problems, the usefulness and rationales of laboratory and X-ray tests and the essentiality of preventative and therapeutic steps.
3. Suggest and help to implement referrals when indicated.
4. Carry out certain therapeutic and preventive maneuvers including place and removing I.U.D.’S, fitting diaphragms, suturing lacerations, and putting on casts for minor fractures.
5. Participates in clinical activities in all clinic sites on a scheduled basis, in the same fashion as do physicians.
6. Demonstrates good interpersonal abilities with patients and associates.
7. Participates in clinical consultations with associates and continuing education both within the institution and extramurally.
8. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
1. On a scheduled temporary basis may be required to work at any satellite clinic.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
1. Good interpersonal abilities with primary concern for the patient and clinical function.
2. Self-critical attitudes which permit the review of problem definitions and leads to further learning in primary care.
3. Should be organized, punctual, considerate, neat and agreeable.
4. 3 years of experience as an Advanced Practitioner required.
5. Graduate of an accredited Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant Program.
6. National certification in their primary care specialty.
7. Has had practical experience of at least two years in primary care.
8. Qualified to practice by certification in the State of California
Located in the heart of California, the Central Valley feeds America as the leading agricultural region of the nation. In the southern part of the valley, oil production also powers the economy, though aerospace, the healthcare industry and alternative energy are emerging as key drivers as well.
This community specializes in sunshine in California, with a mild climate year-round. Beaches are less than two hours away, and several mountain ranges and the high desert are even closer.
Affordable cost of living in the entire state, plus great schools and universities, a thriving arts scene, and family-friendly communities.