Position: Nursing Department Manager – Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR)
Job Type: Full-time with eligibility for a sign-on bonus.
Responsibilities: The Nursing Department Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of nursing services and ensuring safe patient care within the CVOR department which consists of 5 CVOR’s, approximately 35 direct reports, average 200 cases/month (cardiac cases only). The role involves the following key responsibilities:
- Managing the delivery of nursing services 24/7 to meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical, and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations and needs while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborating with Nursing Leadership to develop strategic and business plans for integrated services across the continuum of care.
- Developing and monitoring the department's budgets and identifying strategies to reduce costs and improve the quality of care and services.
- Determining the appropriate staffing levels, including hiring, training, and maintaining staff competency.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring departmental policies and procedures to support organizational goals and standards of care.
- Managing human resource and risk management issues.
- Promoting an organizational culture of safety, ensuring patient, employee, and department safety standards are consistently implemented and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Participating in leadership committees and forums at the Medical Center, Regional, and/or National levels.
Experience: Candidates for this position should have the following experience:
- At least 5 years of RN acute care hospital Operating Room experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of RN Manager/Supervisor experience in CVOR, OR, or a Cath Lab.
- Surgery center experience is not accepted.
- Current/recent RN OR circulating experience, as there may be a need to assist with cases.
- BLS certification is required.
Education: Educational qualifications include:
License, Certification, Registration:
- A current RN license is required, and a California RN license is required by the date of hire.
- BLS certificate is required.
Compensation: The position offers competitive compensation, with a salary range of $148,000 to $188,800, and a benefits package.