Position: Nursing Department Manager - Operating Room
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Summary: The Nursing Department Manager for the Operating Room is responsible for managing the delivery of nursing services and ensuring safe patient care within the assigned department. The role involves overseeing services that align with nursing standards, service priorities, and performance measures. The manager works collaboratively with Nursing Leadership to develop and implement strategic plans, ensuring integrated services across the continuum of care. Key responsibilities include budget management, staff development, policy implementation, and maintaining a culture of safety. This role also involves participating in leadership committees at various levels.
- Manages 24-hour delivery of nursing services to meet or exceed cost, quality, and clinical standards.
- Establishes and maintains patient care and service standards, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Collaborates with Nursing Leadership to develop strategic plans for integrated services.
- Monitors department budgets, identifies strategies to reduce costs, and improves quality of care.
- Determines appropriate staff mix, screens, hires, trains, and ensures ongoing staff development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures.
- Manages and resolves human resource and risk management issues.
- Promotes an organizational culture of safety, ensuring adherence to standards and guidelines.
- Participates in leadership committees and forums at Medical Center, Regional, and/or National levels.
Education, License, Certification, Registration:
- California RN license.
- American Heart Association BLS.
- BSN or MSN.
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time equivalent OR RN experience (no ambulatory surgery center experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time equivalent OR Manager or Supervisor experience (minimal ambulatory surgery center experience may be accepted).
Position in the Organization: This role involves managing 13 OR's, approximately 47 direct reports, average 1,100 cases/month. Surgery types: general, ENT, GYN, robotic, bariatric, plastic & reconstructive, ortho, joints, sports medicine, and gender re-assignment. No spine, hearts, or neuro cases performed at this location.
- Competitive compensation: $148,800 – $192,500/yr.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits, including a sign-on bonus of 10% of the annual salary.