Seeking an experienced licensed Optometrist to join a practice less than 30 minutes from Arlington, VA.
$50K Sign On Bonus
To examine patients having full range of visual problems, diagnose visual diseases, disorders, and deficiencies, and prescribe treatment as licensed and credited.
- Examines patients having a full range of visual problems by using a full field of optometry instruments and techniques.
- Diagnoses visual diseases, disorders, and deficiencies and prescribes treatment according to the laws of the State of Maryland, District, or Commonwealth.
- Prescribes and fits contact lenses.
- Determines visual requirements of the partially sighted. Prescribes low-vision aids such as telescopic and microscopic lenses, magnifiers, and other optical devices to aid low-vision patients.
- In the state or jurisdiction in which licensed or under the standing orders of a physician, uses diagnostic pharmaceutical agents to detect and diagnose ocular pathology. Uses examination techniques to determine ocular signs of systemic diseases and medications.
- Refers patients to other appropriate providers as needed for further evaluation and treatment.
- Participates in departmental and educational meetings including peer review activities within the department and medical facility.
- Consults regularly with internal medicine, pediatrics, and ophthalmology on patient care issues.
- Assists in implementing eye care in-service education programs for medical center staff and at patient education seminars.
- Under the standing orders of a physician and in co-management with an ophthalmologist, evaluates and manages stated anterior segment disorders.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience or successful completion of accredited optometry residency program.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Optometrist
- National Provider Identifier
Competitive compensation and benefits package