Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Office and Home Based
*$10,000 Sign On Bonus*
Must have current, unrestricted clinical license in the state of Iowa.
Work Shift: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Location: Providing On-Site Care and visiting patients outside of the medical clinic.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Adv Practice Provider) will be responsible for collaborating with company physicians, the patient’s other physicians and providers, and their family members to develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values. Will provide Primary Care and chronic disease management.
How will you make an impact:
- Provide medical services in a variety of settings to include: mobile outreach patient care, medical office patient evaluations, virtual home visits and telephonic care.
- Develop and implement clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions.).
- Gather history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develops and implements treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
- Meet the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the company’s inter-disciplinary team.
- Educate patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention.
- Maintain contact with other clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and company health standards and policy.
- Maintain patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and company standards and policy in an EMR system.
- Participate in continuing education as required by state.
- Prescribe medication as permitted by state prescribing authority.
- Requires current, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner (NP) license Or Physician Assistant (PA) license in the state of Iowa.
- Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required.
- CPR certification required.
- Local travel will be required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 2 years of experience in home-based services, complex care cases, and hospice and/or palliative care is preferred.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Candidate must be open to working Monday thru Friday, 8 hour work shifts, 40 hours a week.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of practicing NP or PA experience
- Must be open to local travel in visiting patients' in their homes or facilities where they reside in.