Radiology Technician (Nights)
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R) required
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- Certificate in Basic or Advanced Life Support required
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years of prior experience as a Radiology Technologist
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results
- Performs radiography (x-ray) exams on patients ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares patients for exam, obtains and records patient’s vital signs, explains procedure, administers IV and contrast when necessary, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the images
- Helps maintain appropriate patient flow and ensures delivery of quality services in the imaging department
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills. Acts as a resource and mentor to staff and less experienced technologists. Introduces and demonstrates new techniques to the other technologists.
- Reviews incomplete exam list and unsigned report status routinely
- Functions as a liaison between physicians, technologists and department support staff
- Enters and monitors patient data and health history as its pertinent to the exam being performed
- Performs quality assurance on radiology equipment. Recommends equipment modifications. Identifies and helps to resolve equipment malfunctions. Completes initial and renewal application for ACR and any other accreditation.
- Maintains safety, environmental, and infection control procedures for the department
- Helps schedule technologists to ensure appropriate staffing for expected patient volume
- Intervenes with patients to help resolve complaints and issues
- Responsible for supply management
- Takes emergency call within the department. May be required to work weekends and float to other locations as needed.
- May administer breath alcohol test and/or urine drug screens
- May be required to perform patient registration tasks such as verifying insurance, collecting payments, etc.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive compensation and benefits package.