Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in Coastal Oregon
Days and Nights Shifts Available
SIGN ON BONUS OF $10,000 AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OFFERED
- Recent (within past 5 years) acute care hospital experience preferred
- Acute care hospital experience in past two years or has completed Critical Care classes
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support card or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 6-month grace period
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support or Emergency Nurses' Association Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course card or obtain within 1 year of hire
- TNCC or TCAR for initial certification or obtain within 1 year of hire.
- National certification in critical care nursing (CCRN or equivalent) preferred
- Assesses patients, as appropriate to the scope of care the nurse will provide. Assessments may include: physical, psychosocial, learning needs and barriers, needs related to age/culture, discharge planning.
- Establishes nursing diagnoses based on results of assessments and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Plans care according to identified diagnoses and needs. Updates plan of care as appropriate.
- Implements/performs individualized care, based on nursing care plan and the nurse’s role with the patient.
- Assisting with activities of daily living, including fall risk management and safe patient handling.
- Medication administration
- Skin assessment/wound care
- Pain management
- Operation/manipulation of biomedical and other patient care and testing equipment, including but not limited to infusion pumps, patient transfer equipment, cardiopulmonary monitors, invasive catheters and drains, thermoregulation devices, measurement devices, medication dispensing cabinets, external therapeutic devices.
- Assisting the physician and other licensed, independent practitioners with invasive and non-invasive procedures.
- Teaching patients and their families about current illness, medical tests, medication, general healthcare, illness and disease prevention, and wellness promotion.
- Providing appropriate assignment, supervision, and direction to unlicensed assistive personnel in order to ensure optimum patient care.
- Providing interdisciplinary coordination and facilitation of overall care.
- Documents patient assessments, interventions, care, and teaching in the electronic medical record. Documents in paper format, as necessary. Documentation is complete, concise, timely, and legible.
- Evaluates care provided, communicates patient status and results of care to the interdisciplinary team.
- Other duties as assigned
Special Employee Benefits
- Health and Wellness Clinic with Nurse Practitioner available to provide care to employee and their family
- Employee on-site gym
- Employee engagement activities
- Child Care Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Short term and long term disability
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription benefits
- Life insurance
- 4% match to 401 plan.
- Employee Assistance Programs
Competitive compensation and benefits package.