Job Title: RN Critical Care - Contract
Location: Louisville, KY
Schedule: 7:00 pm - 7:00 am, Monday to Friday (3 Days/12 Hours)
Per Week: 36 Hours
Start Date: November 7, 2023
Duration: 2 months
Experience: 1-3 years of experience required
The RN Critical Care clinician is responsible for providing specialized nursing care to acutely or critically ill patients in an intensive care unit (ICU). This is a contract position with a duration of 2 months.
- Providing nursing care to acutely or critically ill patients with an assigned unit or clinic.
- Implementing medical care plans.
- Directing and supervising the patient care provided by nursing personnel assigned to the unit.
- Maintaining standard unit activities in the absence of the Head Nurse.
- Performing other related duties as assigned/required.
- The clinician is willing to float throughout the hospital they are assigned to and could go to any unit within their scope of practice, including PCU and med Surg Tele, every other weekend required.
- This is a general application for all of our ICUs in 4 different facilities in Louisville. The candidate will be placed in the ICU that most closely matches their work history and has the greatest need. Candidates will know which ICU they are going to before accepting the position.
- NO RTO (Requested Time Off) accepted. The candidate will work 4 of 6 holidays (Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day) to be chosen by the manager of the unit.
- Adults: Yes
- Geriatric: Yes
Top 10 Diagnosis/Procedures:
- Respiratory Failure
- Cardiac Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Lunch Break: 1/2 hr
Nurse Patient Ratio: 1:2, 1:1 varies depending on staffing/acuity
Use of Ancillary Staff: Yes
Does Supplemental Staff Float: Yes
- Plum IV pumps
- Balloon Pump
Titrate Vascoactive Drips: Yes
If Yes, which drips:
Certifications & Clearance Requirements:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)