Job Title: RN Telemetry - Contract
Location: Louisville, KY
Schedule: 7:00 pm - 7:00 am, Monday to Friday (3 Days/12 Hours)
Per Week: 36 Hours
Start Date: November 7, 2023
Duration: 2 months
Experience: 1-3 years of experience required
The RN Telemetry clinician is responsible for providing specialized nursing care to patients in a telemetry unit. This is a contract position with a duration of 2 months.
- Studying patients' medical history, test results, and treatment plans.
- Tracking routine heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse oximetry measurements.
- Monitoring, interpreting, and recording data from specialized medical technologies and equipment.
- Administering medication and performing treatment interventions in consultation with healthcare specialists.
- Maintaining and updating ward charts, patient files, and medical records.
- Instructing Telemetry Unit staff on patient care and treatment plans.
- Collaborating with healthcare specialists and reporting changes and deteriorating conditions.
- Explaining test results and procedures to patients and their families, as well as answering questions.
- Advising patients on post-hospital care, including prescribed medicine, home care protocols, disease prevention, and lifestyle changes.
Certifications & Clearance Requirements:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- The clinician is willing to float throughout the hospital they are assigned to and could go to any unit within their scope of practice every other weekend required.
- This is a general application for all of our Telemetry units in 4 different facilities in Louisville. The candidate will be placed in the Telemetry unit that most closely matches their work history and has the greatest need.
- Candidates will know which unit they are going to before accepting the position. Some units are mixed acuity - PCU and Tele - appropriate assignments will be made for Telemetry RNs.
- NO RTO (Requested Time Off) accepted. The candidate will work 4 of 6 holidays (Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day) to be chosen by the manager of the unit.
- Lunch break: 1/2 hr
- Nurse Patient Ratio: 1:5-1:6, varies depending on staffing/acuity
- Use of Ancillary staff: Yes
- Does supplemental staff float: Yes
- EPIC Documentation